If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to take your children away to sea, wonder no more! It’s a brilliant opportunity to give the whole family plenty to do, in a safe environment, and with the ability for both parents and kids to do their own thing.
Firstly, you need to pick your cruise line, and focus in on the kind of facilities that will suit your family. Do you love nothing more than being constantly in motion from one activity to another, or are you wanting to chill? Do you want to see lots of places in a short time, or make the most of the ship’s facilities? Or even both?
If you’ve never cruised before, don’t forget that your holiday includes:
- Your accommodation in an ensuite cabin, possibly with a balcony
- All your meals and some drinks with meals
- Full use of the ship’s facilities including pools, whirlpools, the gym, the library, deck and indoor games and sports courts
- An entertainment programme by day and night including special parties, live music, nightly shows, quizzes, competitions and demonstrations
If you are looking for a great family cruise, look for some of the following features onboard:
- free kids’ clubs, according to age, with plenty of activities to suit your children
- family friendly entertainment
- ports and shore excursions that suit your family. How about cycle rides, visiting dolphins, or a kayak trip?
- Extra special ship facilities that will make great memories. How about a climbing wall, a zipwire, or your favourite Dreamworks characters onboard?
- Early children’s teas, so you can settle your kids for the night
- A night nursery, enabling you to have some time as a couple. P&O’s Azura has the wonderfully named “Sea Bed” as its night nursey and soft play area.
So don’t be afraid to check out a cruise holiday with your children. And if you have children, and are getting married, it’s a great opportunity to take your children with you but still have some time together.